NessTool is the latest app to be released to help those of us unable to install a jailbreak at this time. iOS 10 was pretty poor for jailbreaks and, although there was one released, in the form of Yalu, it could still only be used by a certain group of users. The rest of the jailbreak community, faced with the prospect of not being able to download Cydia [ext link], turned to a series of app installers that provided a little bit of what jailbreaking used to provide.
Image : NessTool iOS 10 Download Tutorial
Apple is on the ball though and, where tools like Cydia Impactor need to be used, the certificates are verified and revoked every 7 days or so, leading to the app not working and needing to be reactivated. This also happens to the developer and enterprise certificates for some of our favorite modified ++ apps but NessTool stops it from happening. Once installed, NessTool will block the verification process, thus stopping the revocation of the certificates and leaving you to enjoy your apps in peace. You can find out more information about NessTool at the link below and we’re going to show you how to download it.
How to Download NessTool iOS 10 :
This is a very simple procedure; all you will need are your iPhone or iPad, good working internet connection, and the Safari browser. While some of you may be using other browsers on your devices, this will only work with Safari.
Method 1 : Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to nesstool.org
- When the page has loaded up, look at the top or bottom of the page for the UP arrow and tap on it
- A new screen will load with new options, tap on Add to Home Screen
- On the next page, you need to name the app icon so type in NessTool and tap on Add
- Close Safari and the new NessTool icon will be on your home screen
Video: A demonstration of the above steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
This is a more complex method and requires you to follow the tutorial carefully:
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and open this [ link ]
- When the information page has fully loaded, tap on the link to Install so that the profile can be downloaded on your device
- Wait for your Settings app to open and then tap the Install Profile link
- Input your passcode and Safari opens again
- Tap Install NessTool, tap Install on the confirmation box and wait for Settings to open
- Tap Install > Next
- Tap on Done and wait for the installation to finish , the NessTool icon is on your home page
If the installation has failed, i.e. the icon isn’t there, you must repeat the above steps
NessTool Alternative : Anti Revoke
NessTool is a great tool but it will only work for apps downloaded through Tutu App. Given that there are so many other app installers and lots of modified++ apps now, it isn’t any surprise that there is a similar tool that works on these. Anti Revoke works the same as NessTool does, using a VPN to protect your app certificates from being revoked. Get all the details and find out how to download Anti Revoke [ext link] on other installers by clicking the link.
NessTool is a much-needed solution to the problem of apps crashing through the certificates being revoked. Do be aware that it will only work on the apps that are already running on your device at the time NessTool is installed.
For more useful information about NessTool check out the links below :
Let us know what you think of NessTool and follow us on Facebook for all the latest jailbreak updates and news.